Sunday, February 17, 2013

A little message board posting I did to review a record I recently bought.  Day "Land of a 1000 Chances". 
http://pl70.net/landof1000chances/


"Haven't sat through an entire two sides of an LP for a long time, and this was certainly well worth my time.

As James says though, the record deserves a lil mo in terms of a review. I know I certainly can't do it justice compared to the amount of craftsmanship and integrity that has obviously gone into it.....But I will say this, I'm really glad I bought it. From the leather-bound customized packaging to the man himself (he was a class dude the one time I briefly introduced myself to him when I saw him at an LA event, maybe Funkysole or Sound Sessions), to the perfect blend of bangin' rhythms and melancholy grooves to one dude expressing his gratitude to another (Thes) for helping him out. Everything makes perfect sense.

I mean the art itself will stand on its own, and like Day says in the liner notes, it's not a club record or a perfect record for that matter, but damn is it an interesting record and HEAVY one. Really sheds light on one man's honest pursuit of a craft and his lifestyle. I can't imagine the hours that went into this record.....I'll definitely be going back to it to uncover the layers that it has. And for me personally, I don't think it's come at a better time for me, as I try to sort out all the seemingly fucked up things in my life right now.

Peace Day. This is quite a feat........"    


No comments:

Post a Comment